Here is a perfect recipe to make seasonal tomatoes last for several months. But at the same time, this salsa is so delicious that you shouldn't expect to keep it very long!
This recipe is good for when tomatoes grow in abundance....
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Type of fermentation: lactic
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Fermentation Time: 7 days
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 4 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small hot pepper
- 1 small bouquet of coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 large tablespoon salt (about 20 g)
You can change the quantity of ingredients quite easily based on your taste and harvest.
- Chop the onions, garlic, coriander and chilli in your food processor, then put it in a bowl.
- Crush the tomatoes in your food processor and add them to the bowl.
- Add the salt, and lime juice and mix all the ingredients together.
- Fill your jars, removing air bubbles.
- Close tightly. Place on a plate and let ferment at room temperature.
Salsa is consumed after 1 week of fermentation and can be kept for 4 months in the refrigerator. Perfect with a Mexican meal, or to eat plain with corn chips.