This kombucha recipe will remind you the smell and taste of a freshly peeled clementine.
This is clearly one of our favorite recipes. If you buy crates of clementines, we strongly suggest you try this recipe. You will not be disappointed.
This recipe gives 3 liters of kombucha.
- 1 Kombucha Scoby and its liquid culture (about 350 ml).
- 12 grams (6 tablespoons) of tea.
- 240 g (1 cup) sugar.
- 6 clementines (preferably organic).
- 2.5 liters of water without chlorine, or filtered.
Infusion and fermentation
- Infuse the tea for 10 minutes directly into the jar and remove it.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the water to reach a total of 3 liters (your tea is now lukewarm).
- Add Kombucha with its liquid culture (delivered with).
- Cover the container with the fabric and elastic.
Ferment it for 10 to 15 days, at room temperature.
How do you like your kombucha?
Day after day it will become less and less sweet and more and more sour. It is impossible to predict the number of days required, as it varies greatly depending on your tastes, ingredients and temperature. So, the best is to observe and trust your taste.
- From the 5th day, taste the kombucha. Repeat every 1 to 2 days.
- As soon as the kombucha is to your taste, remove the Mamma and place it in an airtight container filled with about 2 cups of kombucha that you have just produced. This Mamma will be used to ferment your next recipe.
Adding clementine flavor and fuzz
- Wash the clementines, cut in half and squeeze the juice with a citrus press.
- Add the juice and peels of clementines in the kombucha jar.
- Cover the jar with a cork and place in the fridge for 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove from the fridge, filter the kombucha using a sieve, or a cloth filter.
- Bottle and store the bottles at room temperature for a few days.
- Test the effervescence, 1 time per day.
- Cool when the kombucha is sufficiently sparkling (watch out for pressure).
Discover our kombucha kit
Our complete kombucha kit is perfect for getting started easily.
It includes equipment, manual and basic ingredients. You only need to add sugar, water and flavors to your taste.