This kombucha recipe will remind you the smell and taste of a freshly peeled clementine.
This is clearly one of our favourite kombucha recipes. If you buy crates of clementines, we strongly suggest you try this recipe. You will not be disappointed!
This recipe gives 3 liters of kombucha.
- 1 kombucha scoby and its liquid culture (about 350ml)
- 12g (6 tablespoons) of tea
- 250g (1 cup) sugar
- 6 clementines (preferably organic)
- 2.5L of filtered water
Infusion and Fermentation
- Add the tea and 500ml of hot water in the jar, and infuse for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add water to reach a total of 3 liters (your tea is now lukewarm).
- Add the kombucha scoby with its liquid starter culture.
- Cover the jar opening with the cloth and secure with the elastic.
Ferment it for 10 to 15 days at room temperature.
How Do You Like Your Kombucha?
Day after day it will become less and less sweet and more and more sour. It is impossible to predict the number of days required, as it varies greatly depending on your tastes, ingredients and temperature. So, the best is to observe and trust your taste.
- Starting on the 5th day, taste your kombucha. Repeat every 1 to 2 days.
- As soon as the kombucha is to your taste, remove the kombucha scoby and place it in an airtight container filled with about 2 cups of kombucha. This starter will be used to ferment your next recipe.
Adding Flavour and Fizz
- Wash the clementines, cut in half and squeeze the juice with a citrus press.
- Add the clementine juice and peels in the jar of kombucha.
- Cover the jar with a lid and place in the fridge for 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove from the fridge, filter the kombucha using a sieve or a cloth filter.
- Bottle in pressure-resistant bottles and store at room temperature for a few days.
- Test the effervescence once per day.
- Put in the fridge when the kombucha is sufficiently fizzy (watch out for high pressure!)
Discover our Kombucha Kit
Our complete kombucha kit is perfect for getting started easily.
It includes the equipment, instructions and basic ingredients needed to make kombucha. You only need to add sugar, water and flavours (optional) to your taste!