Looking for a fresh dip to go with your falafel and grilled meats? This tzatziki is easy to prepare and very versatile. Its creamy texture and tangy taste brings freshness to any dish.
Makes about 1 3/4 cups of tzatziki
- 1 cup of kefir cheese
- 1 clove of garlic or 1 tbsp. chopped garlic scapes
- ¼ cup of fresh mint
- Approx. ½ cup grated cucumber
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Note: Check out this article to make kefir cheese
For this tzatziki recipe, the cheese should have the texture of Greek yogurt. Let the cheese drain for a shorter time.
- Finely chop the mint. Pass the garlic through a garlic press, or grate with a zester or the fine side of a cheese grater.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the olive oil. If your cheese is very thick, add another ½ cup of grated cucumber. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Before serving, garnish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Enjoy with pitas, in your sandwiches, with your favorite tabbouleh, or any grilled dish that needs a little freshness.
Everything you need to make this recipe a success: