Looking for a fresh dip to go with your falafels and grilled meat? This delicious kefir tzatziki recipe is easy to prepare and very versatile.
Its creamy texture and tangy taste will bring freshness to any dish.
Makes about 1 ¾ cup of kefir tzatziki.
- 1 cup of kefir cheese
- 1 clove of garlic or 1 tbsp. chopped garlic scape
- ¼ cup of fresh mint
- Approx. ½ cup grated cucumber
- The juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Note: Check out this article on to make kefir cheese.
For this kefir tzatziki recipe, the cheese should have the texture of Greek yogurt. Let the cheese drain for a shorter time when making it.
- Finely chop the mint. Press garlic with a garlic press, or grate with a zester or the fine side of a cheese grater.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the olive oil. If your kefir cheese is very thick, add another ½ cup of grated cucumber. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Before serving, garnish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Enjoy this delicious and probiotic-packed kefir tzatziki with pita bread, in your sandwiches, with tabbouleh or any grilled dish that needs a little freshness.