This jar is ideal for fermentation
You can use this jar to brew your kombucha, kefir, tepache, fruit wines, and more.
- Volume suitable for many fermentation uses.
- Wide opening for easy use and cleaning.
- Quality glass offering effective resistance.
- Plastic cover included (does not rust like metal ones).
- Includes a cotton filter with rubber band to close the jar, while allowing oxygen to pass through.
The cotton filter (included by default) let the fermentation breathe without letting in impurities or insects (fruit flies...). Ideal for open fermentation such as kombucha, kefir, vinegar, yogourt, ginger bug, cheese, etc.
An airlock installed on the lid is available as an option. Having an airlock is the best for any anaerobic fermentation.
Fermented vegetables (all): kimchi, sauerkraut, beet kvass, pickles, carrots...
Fermented drinks (all that need to let out gases without letting in oxygen): cider, ginger beer, mead, fermented fruits...
This option comes with a rubber grommet, an airlock, and its lid with a hole. The fabric and elastic are also included.
To use the airlock, fill it with water, or alcohol until you reach the "Fill Line".
- Volume: 3.8 liters (1 Gallon)
- Opening diameter: 10 cm (4'')
- Maximum diameter: 15.5 cm (6.10")
- Height: 25 cm (10")
- Cotton filter: 25 x 25 cm (10 x 10 '')
- Clarity: transparent
- Acid resistance: very good
- FDA Compliant
- Clean before first use
- Airlock option:
- 1 pierced plastic lid
- 1 rubber grommet
- 1 3-pieces airlock