EC-1118 Yeast is an all-purpose yeast used to ferment recipes like vinified fruits, apple cider, mead, etc. It is also used for ciders and sparkling wines (champagne). It is a vigorous and fast fermentation yeast that does not create a lot of foam.
Its strong competitive character, its ability to ferment at low temperature, good flocculation and excellent alcohol tolerance, make Lalvin EC-1118 an excellent strain to be used in a wide range of applications (such as sparkling wines, fruit wines and ciders).
- Rehydrate Lalvin EC-1118 in 5 times its weight of potable water at 40°C/105°F.
- Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Then gently stir occasionally to break up any clumps.
- Add to the recipe.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae Bayanus
- Gluten-free and GMO-free
5 gram sachets.
- Allows fermenting of 4.5 to 23 litres.
- High alcohol tolerance up to 18%
- Fast fermentation in a wide range of pH
- Wide range of fermentation temperatures, including low temperatures (optimum between 15 °C and 25 °C).