Enhance your kimchi and other Korean dishes with these USDA-certified organic gochugaru Korean red pepper flakes!
Always fresh from the last harvest, the peppers used have been dried naturally in the sun ("taeyangcho").
Taste the difference with these premium organic gochugaru pepper flakes! They have a sweet, slightly spicy taste without any bitterness.
The gochugaru (in Korean, gochu means "pepper" and garu means "powder") is ideal for all types of kimchi, spicy soups, stews and stir-fries. It enhances any food, Korean or not!
Gochugaru is frequently found in many fermented dishes, including kimchi, kimchi chigae (fermented cabbage soup) and kkakdugi (diced daikon kimchi).
How is our gochugaru made?
First, chili peppers are naturally grown using no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers. Then, high quality chili peppers are selected and washed with clean spring water.
Next, they are naturally sun-dried and ground. The ground chili peppers are thoroughly inspected and any impurities are removed.
Sun-dried chili peppers (taeyangcho) are more vibrant in color and retain more nutrients and flavor than machine-dried chili peppers.
- Ingredient: 100% certified organic sun-dried red chili pepper
- Weight: 300 g (10.6 ounces) or 5 kg (11 lbs)
- Spiciness: 4,000 ~ 8,000 on the Scoville scale.
- Origin: South Korea
- Storage: 1 year from the packaged date when stored in the manufacturer's original packaging. Once opened, close tightly and store in the refrigerator or freezer (ideal for prolonging storage).
- Also known as: red chili flakes, red pepper flakes, red chili powder - coarse, 고춧가루, gochugaru